Board index » Mo & Friends » Ball & Layout Advice

Post subject: Full Roller Layout For High Rev Players
 Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:07 pm Post Number: #1 Post

Reputation Power: 1
Just curious after throwing a ball my buddy drilled up. Is there any advantage to drilling a ball full roller for a high rev player? Neither of us use our thumb and he has thrown two 300's and several 11 strike games since drilling up a Track 505T with thhe full roller layout suggested on the card.

I was thinking of drilling something full roller to try it, but was not sure if he just got lucky and it worked for him or if there is something to this. If this would be a good idea, what type of ball should be used (solid, pearl, hybrid, symmetric, assymetric, high performance, mid performance, etc...)?

Post subject: Re: Full Roller Layout For High Rev Players
 Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:49 am Post Number: #2 Post

If you are not a full roller, drilling the ball so would cause it to flare over the thumb hole.

axis rotation: 55*
axis tilt: 11-13*

years bowling: 6
league average: 213
high game: 300
high series: 792

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:33 pm Post Number: #3 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 6
kykartracer wrote:
Just curious after throwing a ball my buddy drilled up. Is there any advantage to drilling a ball full roller for a high rev player? Neither of us use our thumb and he has thrown two 300's and several 11 strike games since drilling up a Track 505T with thhe full roller layout suggested on the card.

I was thinking of drilling something full roller to try it, but was not sure if he just got lucky and it worked for him or if there is something to this. If this would be a good idea, what type of ball should be used (solid, pearl, hybrid, symmetric, assymetric, high performance, mid performance, etc...)?

Follow the drilling guidelines for how and where the ball tracks.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 am Post Number: #4 Post

While I agree with Mo, there is a very good bowler in my area that drills 80% of his stuff with the pin below his thumb (Full Roller layouts and different various layouts). He is far from a full rolller, but he loves the hook stop reaction the full roller gives him. He isn't a super high rev bowler, but he is definitely rev dominant high tilt and rotation. Yes his track murders the thumb hole but it really doesn't seem to effect anything. I think you can accomplish a similar ball reaction that would work better without doing this though....

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 pm Post Number: #5 Post
Mo Pinel

Reputation Power: 6
tdub36tjt wrote:
While I agree with Mo, there is a very good bowler in my area that drills 80% of his stuff with the pin below his thumb (Full Roller layouts and different various layouts). He is far from a full rolller, but he loves the hook stop reaction the full roller gives him. He isn't a super high rev bowler, but he is definitely rev dominant high tilt and rotation. Yes his track murders the thumb hole but it really doesn't seem to effect anything. I think you can accomplish a similar ball reaction that would work better without doing this though....

I agree! This is often the case.

Board index » Mo & Friends » Ball & Layout Advice